Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Little About Me, Who I am, and What I do....

It seems to be that time to give a little update and let people know who I am. First and foremost, I am a mother of two. I have the most beautiful, amazing, and loving children and have been utterly blessed by them. I also am extremely lucky to have an amazing group of friends around me. They have made me realize that I can do anything I set my mind to, and that anything is possible if you want it bad enough and focus.

Second, a photographer. That is my passion next to my babies. My work is not traditional, anything but. I still have a little bit of hippie lurking around my soul, back from my college days. I see beauty in a lot of things that maybe many people don't see beautiful.

I also see spectacular things in families, in children. My goal is to capture the same thing for you as I do with my own children. I want to capture your family how you are. Not the perfectly posed, perfect hair type of pictures. I am more of the ice cream stained, grass in the hair type of girl. Nothing makes me happier than at the end of the night, when I am giving my little girl a bath before bed, is having to clean the tub, to get all the grass out of it. You know it has been a fun day if the bathtub is full of grass when you get in it. A lot of hard playing has been going on.

I have been described as "non-traditional, modern, contemporary". I like to consider myself as a fun and emotional photographer. So, at your sitting, come with your heart and mind open, and we will have a blast. Can't wait to meet you!



I know that I have this on the side, but I want to make a point of sharing it. This changed my life. Don Miguel Ruiz's 4 Agreements. If you haven't read any of his works, you should. I try my best to maintain these four agreements at all times. It has truly changed me.

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.


Me and my beautiful little girl rockin the same hat!
My sweet baby boy!
Me....
Me and Chris. My best friend. My business partner. My biggest cheerleader! Love ya man!
Me and Kimberly!
Me and J.Lo - come home from Michigan!
Me and Brenda - an amazing woman who has helped me so much!
My baby boy rockin' his hawk
The next Hannah Montana

No comments: